The New Mercedes-Benz GLA: Added Character, Added Space, Added Safety
The new GLA, the fourth model to join the line-up in the U.S. market, rounds off the current compact car generation from Mercedes-Benz.
Here are its most important features at a glance.
The new GLA:
- Is more than 3.9 inches higher than its predecessor, but 0.6 inches shorter;
- Offers more headroom at the front and considerably more legroom in the rear;
- Is able to react in emergency situations when the driver doesn't with the standard Active Brake Assist system that can apply autonomous braking to avoid a cullision or to reduce its severity;
- Extends the functions of the Driver Assistance Package with the addition of, for example, the exit warning function alerting the driver to approaching cyclists or vehicles, and a warning when pedestrians are detected near crosswalks;
- Is the entry-level model in the successful Mercedes-Benz SUV family and the sporty and lifestyle- oriented sibling of the GLB;
- Offers very low wind resistance (global Cd figure from 0.28; U.S. Cd figure of 0.30);
- In its 4MATIC guise, features the Off-Road Engineering Package as standard;
- Includes the intuitively operated MBUX infotainment system (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) as standard;
- Replaces an already successful model: more than a million units of the first GLA were built;
If you would like to schedule a test drive of the new GLA, please give us a call at (305) 251-0345 or to view our online inventory, please click here
More Newsletter Stories For You...